Location problem - justifies to old home

Reaction score
Hello--

My Macbook still thinks it is in VA, even though I moved to IL two months ago. Any website that finds your location to "help" you always routes me to the VA / MidAtlantic version, which is frustrating now that I'm in the Midwest.

Is this the IP address? How can I change this? Many thanks, even if you can't fix it, if you can tell me why it's going on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello--

My Macbook still thinks it is in VA, even though I moved to IL two months ago. Any website that finds your location to "help" you always routes me to the VA / MidAtlantic version, which is frustrating now that I'm in the Midwest.

Is this the IP address? How can I change this? Many thanks, even if you can't fix it, if you can tell me why it's going on.

Hi,
If you Mac has wi-fi capability You can choose the correct time zone in System Prefs> Date & Time ....choose "set Time Zones automatically using current location".

Furthermore in the privacy pane of Security & Privacy you can check the Enable Location Services box and get the option to choose Safari as an app to determine your location.

Cheers,
Liam

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.