Would like new battery for my new to me Macbook 5,1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late-2012MBP, Early-2009MBP 15"(new to me)iPad Air 64GB iPad Air 2 6
I could go to Apple Store for $129, I could go to OWC for $89.99 + shipping NewerTech BAP15MBU48RS NuPower 52 Watt-Hour Battery... in stock at OWC New Apple Macbook Pro 15" a1286 Unibody battery a1281 020-6083-A | eBay[/url] or I wanted advice about this eBay listing (I've read to be careful on eBay, etc, however this looks like the exact battery that's in my machine): New Apple Macbook Pro 15" a1286 Unibody battery a1281 020-6083-A | eBay any advice you can provide would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
What is your question? What kind of advice are you looking for? Are you asking if it's a good buy? If it were me, I would buy from a reputable company such as OWC.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is your question? What kind of advice are you looking for? Are you asking if it's a good buy? If it were me, I would buy from a reputable company such as OWC.
you answered my question. I apologize if I wasn't clear. Yes, I was looking to see if it was a good buy. Also, a good idea to buy from eBay or just go with the tried & true OWC. Thanks much.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I would avoid eBay on this and go OWC or some other established supplier. You can say anything about your product on eBay, bottomline is that you do generally get what you pay for.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, why are you replacing the battery? Since, like toner cartridges for laser printers, batteries are consumable items, doesn't make sense to replace until needed.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for advice, folks. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the existing battery so I shouldn't have said replacement, I should have said additional as my current battery gets between 3-3.5 hours. I'd like to get an additional battery so I could nearly or completely get through my day without having to plug in & be wired. Going with OWC replacement (additional). Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.