(1) Font size (2) Finder & Windows explorer

Reaction score
Today I have started using Mac after almost two decades of extensive use of windows based computers. Needless to say, the day has been very frustrating. Anyway, some of my issues which need immediate resolution are:

1- How can we increase the "master font" (which should be applicable to ALL programs & applications)

2 - How to get the same presentation in the "Finder" which is there in the Windows Explorer (with the folders on top and the other files either in alphabetic order / with date amended below

&

while for some it may be a minor issue, in a "normal" computer, if we press the control key along with the right or left arrow key, we can simply skip a word. This doesn't work on the MacO:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Today I have started using Mac after almost two decades of extensive use of windows based computers. Needless to say, the day has been very frustrating. Anyway, some of my issues which need immediate resolution are:

1- How can we increase the "master font" (which should be applicable to ALL programs & applications)

2 - How to get the same presentation in the "Finder" which is there in the Windows Explorer (with the folders on top and the other files either in alphabetic order / with date amended below

&

while for some it may be a minor issue, in a "normal" computer, if we press the control key along with the right or left arrow key, we can simply skip a word. This doesn't work on the MacO:)

Hi,
Welcome to the Forum.

1. I don't think this can be done system-wide. You can apply zoom in the individual app, use the Reader in Safari, double tap your magic mouse or trackpad to enlarge the screen or reduce the screen resolution (not good IMO) ..there may be more but maybe not what you want. There are also the Accessibility preferences in System Prefs which you could have a look at.

2. In Finder you can alter the view of the folders and change the item arrangement. Use the 4 'Show Items' tabs above on the menu bar

3. You'll find some keyboard shortcuts here Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts

Hang in there!:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.