iMovie help

Reaction score
I am working in iMovie and have video in my working timeline that I would like to use the audio from over a photo. Does anyone have any tips about how I can accomplish this?

C

chas_m

You didn't say what version of iMovie on what version of Mac running what version of OS X, so I'm not sure I can help.

The recent versions of iMovie have an insert command that covers exactly what you're trying to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I would like to use the audio from over a photo.
What do you mean by that?

OP
A
Reaction score
You didn't say what version of iMovie on what version of Mac running what version of OS X, so I'm not sure I can help.

The recent versions of iMovie have an insert command that covers exactly what you're trying to do.

Thanks,chas_m. I'm sorry about that. The iPad is borrowed from a neighbor who has taken it back for the evening, so I can't get confirmation on that information for you. But, the iPad was purchased within the past couple of months and I purchased/downloaded the App a couple of days ago, so I assume it's the latest version of iMovie.

I searched and didn't see a command that covers what I'm trying to do. Can you be more specific?

--Thanks for your help!
-A.

C

chas_m

I apologise, I made an error of assumption. I did not realise you were talking about the iOS version of iMovie, I thought you were talking about the Mac version.

What I think you are asking to do is to "insert" a photo over a piece of video (replacing the video but keeping the audio in sync for a short period). I know you can do this easily in iMovie for OS X, but I'm not sure it can be done in iMovie for iOS, as I've only just started playing with the iOS version myself.

Here's the page for iMovie for iOS: Apple - Apps - Edit HD movies with iMovie.

In one of the illustrations you can see that a photo can be added between video clips, but it doesn't look to me as though you can overwrite the video portion with a photo as you can with the OS X version of iMovie. I could be wrong about this, but someone with more experience with iMovie for iOS will need to chime in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.