Best Application for Photo Browsing?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new member to the community and just bought a MacBook Pro. This is my first MacBook. I figured it was time to make the "switch" from Windows to Mac.I have always loved the build quality and design of Apple products and have had enough of the "Cheap" Windows based laptops.

Anyway, last night I imported all of my photos from my external hard drive onto my MacBook. I moved them into the Pictures folder under Finder. When I open a picture in that folder to view it I realized that I am unable to move between them while viewing them. I have to individually open them. I then realized that iPhoto offers the functionality I am looking for. Do I have to move all of my photos from the "Picture" folder into the iPhoto library or is there a way to have iPhoto look to the "Picture" folder for the files?

-Korey

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A lot of good vids on using iPhoto - link.

You'll basically use the import function in iPhoto - but watch a few of the vids.

Reaction score
Yeah iPhoto is as good as anything once you get the hang over organising everything as you want it. Which I found fairly difficult to get my head around when I first got my Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.