"Send to?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
OK, ya know on a pc you can right click on a file and send it (copy) to another location. Is it possible to do this with a mac?

I tried creating a workflow but it didnt seem to be what I was after. I do a lot of editing/file creation and it would make it much easier for tidying up. (i'm not sending stuff to trash just to folders for more work later)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Check out quicksilver:

It's primarily an app & file launcher, but it also lets you grab stuff and manipulate them really quickly by just using your keyboard.

I can select something on my desktop, hit command+enter to bring up quicksilver, and then send it anywhere within my system, upload it to a server or mail it to someone all with 3 or 4 keyboard presses.

Check it out! http://blacktree.com/apps/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 Tiger 1GBx40GB
why not just drag and drop it where you want it?

OP
BrianjG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
yeah I know. Just habit I guess. On my old windows pc I have shotcuts in the send t menu for the various folders I needed.

I've put them on the sidebar so its a bit easier now.

L

lil

Don't forget you have spring loaded folders so you can begin to drag an icon, hover over disk/folder icons and the window will spring open allowing you to navigate the structure and drag off spring loaded windows to close them again until you find your location.

Not the exact solution to your question, however I'd be surprised if something can't be done with Automator.

Vicky

OP
BrianjG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
ah thats much better! it was turned off for some reason

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.