iPhoto crash

Reaction score
I decided to use a card reader to move photos from my Canon SureShot to my old eMac. Download was slow, but proceeded. When it got to "delete originals?" I clicked ok and then the app closed "unexpectedly quit".

Upon restart, the pictures are not on the card or in iPhoto.

Would they be stored in a buffer or folder somewhere or are they just gone?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you told iPhoto to delete the photos from the card, that's exactly what it did. Never select "delete originals" until you have verified your photos were transferred. The photos are still on the card and probably can be undeleted with the right software. Do not continue to use the card.

Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery

OP
C
Reaction score
I downloaded the software, but when I open it, nothing happens. It just asks me for my password.

C

chas_m

You are dealing with the installer. Give it your admin password so it can finish installing into your Applications folder, then discard the installer files and use the application.

OP
C
Reaction score
didn't work

I DID download the installer. It unzipped. I dragged the icon to the applications folder. It says I have a 16.9 MB application in the applications folder. When I double click to open, it still asks for my password. I input it and nothing happens.The dock does not indicate the application is running.

Ideas for other recovery software?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just downloaded the application as a test. I unzipped the downloaded file and it gave me a *.dmg file called SPPR.dmg. Double clicking the dmg opened a dialog which allowed me to drag the Stellar application to my applications folder.

Double clicking the application from my application folder opened it and it asked for my admin password which is normal. After that the application opened and asked what I wanted to do for recovery.

I don't know what you're doing wrong but it works fine here. Try again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.