image viewer

Reaction score
Hi I am in real need of some advice, I have been using PC for years and I have been using an image viewer called Faststone image viewer. It si an image viewing and digital photo editing program and it is really good. However it has been made for PC and not Mac. Does anybody know a way around this? Can it be bridged with crossover and if so will the program be working well? and how do I do this? PLEASE HELP!
Thanks Jytte

Reaction score
Well, there's iPhoto, Picasa, Aperture, and just Preview that comes with your Mac
There's also Gimp, which is almost as comprehensive as PS, but not as user friendly.

There's http://paintbrush.sourceforge.net, sort of an equivalent to Window's Paint.

I personally like Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image, it's an online photo editor, you just grab a picture from you HDD... edit it,
and save again.

SM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
I don't know about Faststone but Apple's own viewer called Image Capture comes as an application with OSX and is quite comprehensive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's also "Pixelmator" currently on sale at the Mac App Store for $14.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Retina MBP 2015
What a timely thread!!

I used to use a program called Breeze Browser. BB almost instantly opened RAW files, I could see them in high quality, and quickly decide between keepers and no keepers.

I do not keep anything that isn't by my standards 5*; I am not a saver.

BB is not for any editing; simply a review program for my purposes. I do all editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.

I need a Mac version to replace BB.

Will Image Capture open RAW filers quickly?

Lightroom will of course open the RAW files; unfortunately it is slow in opening the RAW files and loads them into a catalog which then requires deletion.

Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

You may want to take a look at ACDSee for Mac.

ISTR that you can add some plug-in to make certain kinds of RAW files open in QuickLook, though I don't know if that would be faster or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Retina MBP 2015
You may want to take a look at ACDSee for Mac.

ISTR that you can add some plug-in to make certain kinds of RAW files open in QuickLook, though I don't know if that would be faster or not.

Chas, you are even teaching when it is unintended!

ISTR - huh?

http://www.internetslang.com/ - love Google! We commune all the time.

I have to test ACDSee once I have the Mac; I will download the trial version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.