iphone iTunes Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple iMac 24' 2.4GHZ/iPad 2/iPhone 4
Hi All

Need you help

I have one computer at home with two iphones been used on this machine

Each iphone has its own Apple ID account

When i plug both phones into the machine (separately) i can transfer copy all my files/contacts/music/videos onto each iphone because all the information is stored within the folder of itunes on a windows machine

What i want to do is to be able to have all contacts on one phone NOT to be transferred over to the other phone (at the moment all contacts from both phones are getting stored within itunes and then transferred over to each phone

I want to be able to have two seperate contact lists for each phone - is that possible?

Reaction score
There is no easy way to use separate accounts with iCloud on one device, as setting the device to use account #2 will negate account #1's data, making it difficult to truly share a single iOS device unless you don't care about separating your contacts, Photo Stream, etc.

SM

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You'd think by now we would have a nice way of managing multiple Apple ID's on multiple iOS devices with multiple catalogs of information, but alas there isn't really an easy answer.

The simplest method is that you have a iTunes on a computer with all of your catalog, this iTunes uses your Apple ID. You have umpteen iOS devices all using the same Apple ID, but syncing different information from the entire collection available in iTunes. This is only method that works easily.

Throw in a second Apple ID and as long as you sync to separate computer, you've created a new chain and that works fine too.

Try syncing devices with different Apple ID's to the same iTunes/Computer and it isn't trivial to manage. You could manage the music collection by create two iTunes library and switching between them before plugging in the iOS devices..not sure about the contacts and other things though..

For contacts list specifically, you might find it easier to just have it to sync with each person's Google contacts or something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.