How do I burn from iMovie to disc on a mac OS X

Reaction score
I'm having trouble burning a project from movie to disc. I contacted apple who said i DVD is not on this computer and not available in New Zealand, get a 3rd party app, look on the mac forum to see what is recommended. I downloaded burn, also SimplyBurns - 1, and ExpressBurn.
None of them seem to work.

When I export the movie on imovie, it goes to my desktop as a .m4v file. The lady on apple's support line said to export it on quick time, then it will be an .mov file, but its not, it went as another .m4v file.

SimplyBurns says image could not be read if I try and select the .m4v file, that only DMG, ISO, CUE and TOC are supported. Express burn and burn won't select it in the first place. The support lady said she couldn't help any further. Awesome.

Anyone have any ideas?

OP
J
Reaction score
That worked, thanks! Any idea how to make it HD? The quality is fairly poor. The instructions say if its optional choose HD when exporting, but an option doesn't come up with mine. Any idea, or is that just how it is? Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You'll need Toast and an external BluRay/HD dvd burner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.