MacBook Air freezes in sleep mode

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I edited your title for clarity.

Does your MacBook Air freeze when it comes out of sleep? Is that what you meant to say? Please give us more detail. Also, year and model and version of OS X you're running?

C

chas_m

He mentioned the version of OS X (Snow Leopard). He hasn't told us the specific model of Air, or if he's added RAM recently, or if anything's changed recently, or what maintenance he's done, etc.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Can Ram be added to the air? Soldered to the Logicboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17'' late 2010, core i7 2.66, 4 Gb ram
Even if you didn't add ram lately it doesn't mean that you don't have faulty ram chips.
When your macbook goes to sleep if basically copies the ram to the hard drive, but still gives power to the ram in case you open the lid. When it wakes up you shouldn't have problem.
Can you test the ram? Testing RAM - Mac Guides

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
A Macbook AIR has soldered in RAM. If the RAM is bad, you throw it out basically or get a new logicboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.