surveillance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
i am looking for a cctv surveillance system for my 'garden centre' any body have any ideas on what to buy and what to stay clear of.i have seen a few on ebay in america( i am in australia) but would like a few ideas?
for indoor/outdoor cameras day/time-night/time with hard drive,monitor.and then help to set up remotely to mbp.all help gratefully accepted.
cheers...pete

Reaction score
The best CCTV discount store for Samsung CCTV cameras and DVRs in Australia - Samsung CCTV
These are known to be good products, but I can also recommend Geovision.

For the viewer you could check this site, CCTV DVR | MAC Camera Viewer | iDVR-PRO
Whether the right one is there for you depends really on how many channels you prefer, but consider fitting a pair of 8 or 9 channel DVRs rather than a single 16 channel DVR.
By doing this you increase hard drive capacity, improve remote access performance because you aren't trying to shove 16 feeds up you internet pipe - don't forget that whilst you enjoy 4-10 meg download speeds your upload is only likely to be 2-300 k.
You should also introduce a failsafe element into your system should a DVR fail. You stil have the other one working.

Outside cameras would need to be fixed lens IR pipe cameras or varifocal lens on ccd box cameras in waterproof housings. Inside could be done with the same pipe cameras or dome cameras.
But these are just some suggestions.

Any system will depend on many technical and budgetry factors, I suggest you get expert advice or camera view demonstrations before you commit to a system, talk to other business owners who have systems and get their feedback on what they have fitted.

SM

OP
bluecheer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
thanks MightyGem for your info i will see what i can find.
cheers

OP
bluecheer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
thankyou Sur3Mac,good ideas i will also be checking these out as well.
to both of you is it hard to set up yourself?

Reaction score
Installing CCTV is never a hit-or-miss factor.
The thing is, in the event you decide to do a DIY CCTV Installation and you don't succeed to complete it correctly, you'll never get to fully benefit from it, or the whole security system will not be able to function, period.
If you end up ruining the merchandise then that's a lot of cash going in to waste.

My advice is to get educated on the matter, or hire an expert.

SM

OP
bluecheer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
ok again thanks Sur3Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.