Audible - Amazon - Whispersync

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
For you Audible listeners and book readers, their new Whispersync is pretty nice.

You buy an ebook at Amazon which then gives you a link to the audio book at Audible at a greatly reduced price. The first couple of books I've bought were a total of $5 and $7 to get both versions - ebook and audio book. I've been looking for books I want at Audible first, then heading for Amazon to get the ebook - you have to purchase the ebook first.

Whispersync works the same as the syncing between devices Amazon has been doing for their Kindle reader ebooks.

You can listen to a book using the Audible app, then switch over to the Kindle reader and it will take you into the book where you quit listening to continue reading and vice versa.

Half way through my 2nd book now and it has worked as advertised, taking me right into the middle of chapters to the exact point where I left off on the other device whether reading or listening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.