Firefox 15.01 not safe by Norton

Reaction score
I downloaded Firefox 1.5.01, but my Norton security says it can not protect my computer if I use this browser. I never had a problem with the 14.... browser.

I have restarted the computer and re downloaded the browser with no success. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks ahead for any advise.

Roger

C

chas_m

Let's start with the basics. Are you on a PC or Mac?

For the Mac, Norton is generally considered to be ripoff, unneeded software that generally does more harm than good (see your example). If you're on a Mac, I would uninstall it according to Symantec's directions as quickly as possible and pretend you never owned it. I would not replace it with anything, since viruses don't exist for the Mac and malware can be (if the user chooses) a non-issue as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Agree with chas. Get rid off it. Consider this ~ you are paying good money to download Windows Virus definitions. There are no Mac Mac OS X viruses hence no definitions. If you feel you must run AV or it is required by employer, download and install ClamXAV2 which is freeware.

http://www.clamxav.com

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
To add to what Chas and Harry said, Even if you are on Windows, I would ditch Norton and grab Microsoft Security Essentials. Norton besides issues like yours is a Resource hog also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.