• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

a little music....

Reaction score
As some of you may or may not have read in my details.... oh darn, I took it out!... oh well,
I play the guitar.
And I thought it'd be nice to show a piece I been working on yesterday and today... I'm not Joe Satriani or John Petrucci, but I try :p

Repentance solo - YouTube

It's from a song by Dream Theater and I just love that band!

SM

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Very nice...I've always wanted to play the guitar and have tried many times, but with growing responsibilities, the time for practice and other things seems to be getting very scarce..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nice...

I'm just a rhythm player although have tried some finger style and acoustic blues. My favorite ax, a Taylor, has been sitting untouched for at least 2 years. :(

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Very nice...I've always wanted to play the guitar and have tried many times, but with growing responsibilities, the time for practice and other things seems to be getting very scarce..

Thanks man, yeah I usually actively sit myself down and obligate myself to take the time.
That's the best thing to do.
But if the time is just not there, it's gonna be hard to maintain those skills.

@Bobtomay, I'm trying to learn rhythm playing, but it's hard.
Thanks for the comments :)

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Nice. Also like your Ibanez Gem! What Amp you plugged into?

I used to play a lot before this Meniers Inner Ear disease messed up my life and was in a few bands but hardly play anymore. Starting to play though a bit more now that my diet has helped with the hearing and vertigo's! Love guitar and always will.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Thanks!
But actually this is an RG750..... with a hole in it ;), made by a previous owner.

I am plugged into my MBP, using Guitar Rig 5 and I'm just using the MBP speakers.

The guy I bought it from, had impounded it from another guy who didn't pay his rent.
At the time I bought it, I liked it, and I got it really, really cheap... but now it just irritates me.
Will buy a real Gem, someday... I hope.

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Person did a good job on that Gem handle! Looks like the real thing at least in that video! :D

I used to be a Les Paul player with a nice Cherry Burst but sold it at one point which I now regret. Have a Hamer now that looks like a cross between a Les Paul and SG Gibson. Might soon be getting an Ibanez from a friend.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Hamer guitars are nice too!
I used to own a Washburn Sunburst, but sold it, and regret it as well...

BTW this was my 1st Ibanez, it's a simple starter guitar called Gio.
Never actually play on it anymore, so it's basically collecting dust.
foto_zps83206b94.jpg

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here is my current Hamer in the case.

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Here is the Les Paul I miss so much with a old Fender Vibrolux Reverb that really still was a Pre CBS even though it had the Silver face. Its a very old pic that I scanned so not really sharp.

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

BTW we had a guitar thread going here at one point while you were away. I am sure it's lurking around here somewhere! :D

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Oh, I love the color tone of that picture, when was it taken? And is that a TV in the upper left corner?

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, I love the color tone of that picture, when was it taken? And is that a TV in the upper left corner?

SM

That was taken in late 1979 . Minolta XGM. Pic has faded a bit after all the years. And Yes, good eye, old style TV, one of the first with digital tuning! It blew up shortly after that pic! That dates the pic a bit! :D

Here is a URL to the official Mac Forums guitar Thread!

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mu...8239-unofficial-mac-forums-guitar-thread.html

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!
Didn't know we had a special thread for that, I did search though ;)

SM

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the link!
Didn't know we had a special thread for that, I did search though ;)

SM

This thread was really to show us your song, so it was fine. Hope you share more in the future.

OP
Sur3Mac
Reaction score
... - YouTube

Okay, I was told that if I had more I could put it here.
Made a few little mock-ups, but if you know what this song is called, post it plz.

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.