HELP !!!! macbook fan/issues

Reaction score
Ok. This is really frustrating. My sort of a newbie but my fan sounds like a chainsaw. 2006 macbook. white. And when my father tried cleaning it and stuff there was a problem. There was dust and stuff and we got rid of that but when we put the keyboard back on and attach it and start it up the computer wouldn't let you type type or click. So we took it apart again. Opened it up and just continued to have trouble. Now we have a black screen on start up and you can barely see the login menu. worst of all it keeps restarting by itself. please help me out on a possible issue on what could be wrong with this.

OP
M
Reaction score
please help with any pointers at all. When you connect that part from the back of the keyboard to the logic board thats where it has trouble.

OP
M
Reaction score
Please help me guys. You have the best mac forum on the net. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Sounds like the problem is incorrect reassembly, or something damaged in the process. If you haven't looked there, go to ifixit.com for instructions.

MacBook Core Duo Repair Manual - iFixit

If that doesn't help you are looking at repair or replace.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well im not sure exactly what it is. Like I had the computer working at first when taking it apart to repair the fan. but then the keyboard wouldnt work. then took it apart again got the keyboard to work then the screen didn't work it would be a dark dim black screen. and now the computer starts on its own and restarts every two seconds or something like that. do you know where in the logic board I can fix this exactly what section?

OP
M
Reaction score
is the macbook upper case cable a big part of the computer? will that tell it to turn it off? type and trackpad? let me know and thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Did you look at the instructions via the link I posted?

And, basically, if it isn't loose connections (cable being most likely) then it probably isn't repairable without taking it to a shop. The Logicboard really isnt fixable normally and a replacement isn't cheap.

OP
M
Reaction score
I looked at it, Everything is connected but seems to be shorted somewhere. because the light is still dim and still restarts but yet the login screen appears. but fainted. Might have to get a new logic board. And not sure where to get one at a really good price since apple rips you off with parts and the cost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.