Redirect when using Chrome

Reaction score
Hi there, I am a long time (20+ years) mac user, and very recently (maybe 2 months) I have been having a new issue with sites like Amazon.com. When I am logged in and reading something within a single page, I am suddenly (unpredictably) redirected to a .info site and then sent back to the original site, but now logged out. The .info site never actually loads, but it does show up in my browser history as though I visited that site. The sites are all something tv / music / game related, like musichype.info or nerdgamer.info. When I try to go to the sites, they don't actually exist as active web pages.

I have done everything I can think of, including running bitedefender anti-virus, running apple's flashback malware remover, deleting and reinstalling chrome, and clearing all of my saved browsing data, cache, cookies, etc.

Please help?!?!?!
Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Chrome has its share of problems. Any chance you are using an SSD and activated Trim?

Google Groups

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.