• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to protect iPhone 5 shipments...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 3, 64GB Verizon, iPhone 4S, 32GB Verizon, iMac 27" i7, 16GB ram, lots of iPods
I was thinking about how criminals might want to hijack a shipments of new iPhone 5's and it reminded me of a friend who's enclosed race car trailer marked with the brand of car and sponsors kept getting broken into until they changed the trailer marking to a Septic service signage and they didn't get broken into any more.

What should they label the boxes to keep the phones from being stolen?

My first thought would be 'Samesung' Galaxy S III ;D

Any other ideas??

mehurricane

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This hasn't been an issue for the past 6 iPhone releases, so I doubt that's a huge concern for this one. The only thing that has happened (not really iPhone-specific) is people driving various sized vehicles in the beautiful glasses of the Apple store to grab whatever equipment they can grab and run..

Thread moved to Schweb's Lounge..and let's try to stay above board folks..:)

Reaction score
Makes one wonder why it hasn't happened yet though.
Last year two trucks were brutally hijacked in France, by 1 or 3 hooded guys using teargas.
It was said that approximately 800.000 euro's worth of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 copies were stolen.

Kinda lame if you think of it, as 2 trucks full of iPhones would probably be worth at least 5 or 6 million.

SM

Reaction score
My last Blackberry was stolen while in UPS transit.

Took two weeks, working with the carrier, to 'prove' it wasn't received.

To flip the first joke around --- why worry? It's got the Apple logo on it. LOL

(using an Apple Air, just can't get used to typing on the Apple Ipod's glass)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.