iPhone 4 iOS 6 WI-FI issue

Reaction score
Hi all!

i updated my iphone 4s to io6 but now it is not STAYING connected to my wifi. i erased it and added it again. restarted my phone, and thats not working.

when i choose the network, it connects, i get the WIFI signal on my phone then a second later it disconnects and takes me to an APPLE.COM log in page, that says "the page you are looking for can't be found"

thank you for any advice you can offer.

photo.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I just updated to iOS 6 and my 4S is doing the exact same thing. Try to log into wifi and it connects for a second but then boots you off while taking you to a missing apple.com link. With me it's especially bad news because my apartment is in the middle of a very slow area with cellular data. :Angry:

I've checked other forums on the internet and the problem is widespread across the country. Bad news for launch day....

I expect apple to have a patch fix within the next 24 hours. Sit tight.

Reaction score
Same problem!

I have the same problem. If you figure out the solution, please shoot me an email at...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok try it now.

I think apple fixed their testing server issue and mine just started working again.

Reaction score
well this is annoying. i also am having the same problem. if someone figures it out please post the solution here

Reaction score
My one iPhone had the same issue, however, my iPad and other iPhone do not have the wifi issue. I was able to correct the issue with doing a soft reset. All devices now connect to wifi.

OP
W
Reaction score
thank you!

I just updated to iOS 6 and my 4S is doing the exact same thing. Try to log into wifi and it connects for a second but then boots you off while taking you to a missing apple.com link. With me it's especially bad news because my apartment is in the middle of a very slow area with cellular data. :Angry:

I've checked other forums on the internet and the problem is widespread across the country. Bad news for launch day....

I expect apple to have a patch fix within the next 24 hours. Sit tight.

i just found the following on the apple forums.

LGM313
Re: iOS 6 WiFi Disabled
Sep 19, 2012 4:37 PM (in response to n1pL3)
I found the solution. Go to setting, general, network, turn of celular data. Go back to setting, connect to your wifi network. go to general, network and turn of the celular data. Solve my wi-fi problem.

It worked for my phone but havent tried the ipad

Reaction score
Same problem but I think I found a solution:

Turn off Cellular Data: Settings - General - Cellular

Go back to connect to your WiFi. Then turn on your Cellular Data again.

Worked for me! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Apple fixed the issue, you should be able to connect to your wifi networks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It seems like the problem was on apple's end and nothing is required of you to fix it. Apple resolved the issue and wifi should be working now on all iOS 6 devices.

Now it's time to check out the new features!

I'm already liking the new App Store!

Reaction score
ios 6 wi-fi crash

I had the same symptoms after updating my MBP to mountain lion and ios 6 for the phone... wi-fi would only stay connected for a few seconds. I tried the noted fixes to no avail. Blamed Apple, the whole thing. Ultimately I purchased a new router (my D-Link was 30 months old). Instant fix for all devices. Apparently my router was marginal and could not keep connected with the operating updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.