• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Purported iPhone 5 benchmark score doubles fastest iDevices, outperforms Android's be

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
That's impressive, if true. 2 cores and a more efficient OS beating 4 cores of a slap-happy OS. Not too surprising.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Very impressive. Can't wait to read about the tear downs later this week and get all the specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Not so fast.....

HTC One S - Geekbench Browser

I own this phone. Now, don't get me wrong, the new iPhone IS A15. It's an amazing 1GHz monster....but it's not the fastest thing out here. In Korea, LG's new phone has 4 cores of my HTC's processor. I would guess a 2000+ in this test. The new iPhone is not the fastest by a far cry, but it's darn impressive and it bodes well for the next iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
HTC One S - Geekbench Browser

I own this phone. Now, don't get me wrong, the new iPhone IS A15. It's an amazing 1GHz monster....but it's not the fastest thing out here. In Korea, LG's new phone has 4 cores of my HTC's processor. I would guess a 2000+ in this test. The new iPhone is not the fastest by a far cry, but it's darn impressive and it bodes well for the next iPad.

HTC HTC One S - Geekbench Browser The difference is pretty staggering. I know Geekbench does not always read overclocked speeds.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Better check Anandtech. Anand found out it's NOT an A15.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
HTC HTC One S - Geekbench Browser The difference is pretty staggering. I know Geekbench does not always read overclocked speeds.

So, annoyed by the idea that you think a score 1/3rd the one I was showing...I went to the app store with my phone, grabbed the app, and did the benchmark myself.

It spit out ~1580- 1595 each time. My device is stock and out of the box, T-Mobile USA Edition, non rooted, not overclocked.

Now, it's worth noting, from 1580 to 1601 is less than 2%, well within a margin of error. 2% is a very small difference. I can't say the iPhone 5 is the slowest, but it's not a quantum leap in the market.

I see it's not A15, It's a similar solution to the Snapdragon S4 in my One S, a custom core design.

I'm not hating on the 5 or it's processor, we just have to remember that if we act like rabid fanboys, we just make ourselves look like idiots. Have some bravery, put it to the test see if it's the fastest.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
So I am a "Rabid Fanboy" for stating it's not an A15?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
So I am a "Rabid Fanboy" for stating it's not an A15?

No, it was not directed on you, it was directed on the person above who posted a very wrong benchmark score of the Snapdragon S4 that was 1/3 that of real world results, claiming the score I posed was overclocked. Sorry for the confusion. as a mac owner myself and user/sorta fanboy. I was just reminding us that this is the reason that we are mocked, because sometimes we do act like rabid fanboys to the point of fabrication.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
pffftt

Homebuilt Intel Xeon running Linux score :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.