epson printer TXIIO with Mountain Lion

Reaction score
I was using my Epson Stylus TX110 printer/scanner with my old PC, but although my new iMac (Mountain Lion system) recognises the printer & has placed a printer icon in my Dock it's asking to install updated software for the printer but can't seem to find such software. Any suggestions?

C

chas_m

Your thread title says TXIIO, not TX110.

Your printer is already supported under Mountain Lion. Chances are all you need to do is delete the printer from the list of printers, then re-add it.

OP
G
Reaction score
Dear chas_m,

Thanks for yr reply. There is no list of printers on my Mac, only the epson TX 110 which I've somehow added. Sorry for being dumb but how do i delete it before re-adding it?

C

chas_m

Highlight the TX110, press the little minus key below to delete it, press the + key to re-add it.

Deleting-or-adding-printers.jpg

OP
G
Reaction score
epson Tx110 with iMac

Highlight the TX110, press the little minus key below to delete it, press the + key to re-add it.

View attachment 17963

Thanks muchly chas_m, i deleted & then re-added epson Tx110 printer & it works on screen - used utility to discover ink cartridge replacement message, have replaced cartridge - but tried to print & keep getting 'communication error' note.

gruff gecko

C

chas_m

Thanks muchly chas_m, i deleted & then re-added epson Tx110 printer & it works on screen - used utility to discover ink cartridge replacement message, have replaced cartridge - but tried to print & keep getting 'communication error' note.

This can be caused by a number of possible reasons, including:

1. The printer won't print until ALL inks are replaced (this one is particularly annoying)
2. Won't print because the replacement cartridge isn't "genuine" (pphhht)
3. Printer needs to be reset after ink changing (or system update)

and several others.

At this point I'd suggest that if it isn't obviously one of these causes, you may want to call Epson -- on the rare occasion I've had to, they've been quite helpful.

OP
G
Reaction score
Dear chas_m - Brilliant! I 'reset' the printer ie. turned off printer & Mac, turned em back on, deleted printer, added it again, Mac said printer was ready & i successfully printed 6 pages! Thank you so much, after a frustrating week yr advice has been a godsend. & thanks for your essay for switchers (like me). i was tempted to try out Bootcamp & put Windows on my new Mac so i could feel 'at home' but will resist temptation & explore everything on my new Mac - just means you'll probably get more questions from me,
cheers, Gruff Gecko, W.A. (no not Washington State, but Western Australia)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.