Need some info on jailbroken phones

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Looking to upgrade my Iphone 4s so I'm going to sell it. I'm on a local carrier so I used absinthe to jailbreak/unlock the phone to help get the best price possible. Before I did this I did a full reset.

I'm just wondering what happens if I reset the phone again. Will it need to be unlocked again? (This would be hard due to the need for a simcard for my local carrier, so it would need to be hacktivated). I'll probably just throw it on ebay and see what I get so I just want to make sure I advise the buyer appropriately.

Thanks,
Angus

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi Everyone,
Looking to upgrade my Iphone 4s so I'm going to sell it. I'm on a local carrier so I used absinthe to jailbreak/unlock the phone to help get the best price possible. Before I did this I did a full reset.

I'm just wondering what happens if I reset the phone again. Will it need to be unlocked again? (This would be hard due to the need for a simcard for my local carrier, so it would need to be hacktivated). I'll probably just throw it on ebay and see what I get so I just want to make sure I advise the buyer appropriately.

Thanks,
Angus

It would get locked again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
the phone will be locked once you restore it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.