Mac Mail

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help? When i want to send a document doing: file>send as>mail attachment> it keeps opening entourage to send the mail. I no longer use entourage and only use Mac Mail. How do I make Mac Mail the default Mail account that it will send through?:[

C

chas_m

In Mail's preferences, you can set it as the default email application.

It sounds like what you meant to say is that you're in Microsoft Word and trying to send a file as an attachment. I don't know, but you may also need to tell Microsoft Office that you're using Mail as your default email client (it will, quite naturally for MS, try to force it's own email client as the default).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Member chas_m is correct. You need to open Entourage, preferences, and set the Mail program as default instead of Entourage. (Entourage is also an email client.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.