TouchPad Left and Right Clicks

Reaction score
I have fooled around with my System Preferences and have ended up with only being able to select things and open things by tapping the touchpad once or twice with my right hand index finger.

I used to be able to click and double click in the bottom left hand corner, but this does not work at all now.

What have I done, and how can I rectify it?

Also, when I am in email particularly, sometimes when I go to edit a section, I will get a box coming up with all sorts of options about going to Google, and I don't want to get this any more. How can I stop it coming up permanently?

Many thanks,

Miralee Mac

C

chas_m

1. I have my touchpad prefs set so that a single tap is a left-click, a two-finger tap is a right-click. This seems to work well for me, so I suggest you set yours up the same way.

2. When you say you are in "email" do you actually mean "I am in a web browser using GMail?" Because "in email" doesn't really mean anything without more specifics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.