Transering songs to an MP3 player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz G4 Processor, 80 GB HD, Radeon 9600 graphics card
I was looking around but I couldnt find any topics about this so I thought I'd ask. How, do you transfer songs from the comp to an mp3 player? I have no idea how to do it on a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you buy an iPod, you use iTunes. If you buy something else, beats me.

For more info, I recommend going HERE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
my 8-year-old got a 125mb MP3 player for Christmas..

I ripped her fave tunes (change iTunes import settings to MP3 - lowest quality saves lots of space but loses very little quality) and plugged the player into the USB port...

The Mini sees it as a portable drive.

Drag and drop the tunes you want on the player.

Voila !

As it's effectively a fancy-pants memory stick, you can also delete the tunes from it you don't want any more, by double-clicking the icon to open the window and dragging the tunes to the trash.

Remember to empty trash before you try to add more or the "space" you have just created won't be there, then you can drag and drop some more onto it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
With iTunes open go to iTunes tab... Preferences...

In the window that opens, select "Advanced"... then "Importing" tab... toggle "Import using" tab to the setting you want...

insert CD and away you go - it'll now rip to iTunes in the normal way, but as MP3 files...

If you have ripped your CDs to iTunes with the standard settings (AAC files) I don't know whether they'll play on an MP3 player... but the name of the device would suggest not... Sorry...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz G4 Processor, 80 GB HD, Radeon 9600 graphics card
Okay I got what I needed done. One more thing, is there any media player that can play pretty much anything? I tried VLC but it didnt play WMV files. I tried getting Windows media player but everytime I tried to instal it it froze up and I had to force quit it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 Tiger 1GBx40GB
quicktime has a wmv plugin that works great. find it on the quicktime site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.