power mac wireless usb issues

Reaction score
Sorry, i know this has been raked thru ad nauseum, but i can't get my belkin f5d7050 version 3 usb to work or be recognized by my pro mac g4 733 dig audio cpu. I did download the drivers from the website for mac os x to my hd, and i updated all software before starting. But, no juice. i am a newbie to the mac world, but already love what macs can do, but how can my airport program locate wifi spots without a airport card? Conversely, how can i tell if i have an airport card? ty in advance....josh:Cool:

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, i need better security than WEP, we all do. I think i will try uninstall/reinstall and power cycle, then a new dongle. I changed some security settings on my router, and i think that may be why my router doesn't see my dongle.

OP
J
Reaction score
ok, new update. router does recognize dongle, cpu recognizes dongle and cpu network utility states that i am connected to the net via usb with appropriate, static ip, ifconfig sees usb as well, i can ping usb ip address, i can not ping router, dns servers, yahoo, etc. usb hardware is listed in 'this mac', this cpu only has 256k of ram, could this be the issue?, also dongle is supposed to be backwards compatible with usb 1.1, but; do i need 2.0 for it to maintain a connection? also, wireless utility for the usb says that i have a great signal, and the link is great as well, but, alas, i can't get my power mac g4 with F5d7050 ver 3 belkin usb to work...;(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.