Adding music to iPhoto videos

Reaction score
I have been having a great deal of trouble coordinating the pictures with the music that I add to my iPhoto videos. By that I mean that I simply want the song to play to the end. I know that I can just keep adding pictures from iPhoto until I have enough to support the music, but isn't there a simpler way? This way is tedious.

Maybe I misunderstand the instructions/information in the SLIDESHOW SETTINGS. There are two choices here:
(1) Play each slide for a minimum of _______ seconds. The music will repeat for as long as the slides play.
(2) Fit SLIDESHOW to music. Slide duration will be adjusted to make the slides play or as long as the music plays.

To me, this looks like I can use either option to get the desired result, but it just doesn't work like that. To me, it looks like I could just select, say, 60 seconds for item 1, or just "fit SLIDESHOW to music" as item 2 states. Wrong. Neither way works for me.

I'm talking about one song with as many pictures as iPhoto requires.Where am I going wrong?

One more question about Mac Forum. Am I missing something? Where is the POST button? I think I used SAVE before, but I'm not sure.Well, since I have no choice, I'm going to do that now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved here to the correct forum. It does not belong in Community Suggestions and Feedback. Please read our forum descriptions before posting.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your post was moved here to the correct forum. It does not belong in Community Suggestions and Feedback. Please read our forum descriptions before posting.

--
Okay, since you're unwilling to help, I'll go back to the Apple Support Community. They are not perfect, but they're not tied in knots with red tape.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No one has stated that they're unwilling to help. You just have to be patient and wait for replies. Of course it helps to post in the correct forum first. And if your attitude is this bad then perhaps you do need to go elsewhere.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.