Safari constantly zoomed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | 21.5" iMac 2.7GHz 1TB
Due to the higher screen resolution to what i am used to, when im browsing the web, every tab i open i have to cmd++ to find a size that is easy for me to read. I had a little search to see how i could have every tab automatically zoomed to this level.
I found a link suggesting adding a custom stylesheet with body { zoom 100% } and adjusted to how you want. I have tried this but it doesn't automatically zoom every tab for me . . . any suggestions or other options?

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4s | iPad 2 | 21.5" iMac 2.7GHz 1TB
why not just double-tap (not click, TAP) the Magic Mouse?
I have the trackpad not the magic mouse.
I would prefer a way where i don't have to adjust my view for every tab that i open. Also i don't want to adjust the screen resolution really either.

C

chas_m

Magic Mouse, trackpad -- same difference.

If you don't want to adjust your screen resolution, or get better glasses for computer use, I think the tapping-zoom is your only remaining option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You could switch to Chrome from Safari. Chrome has a setting where it will remain zoomed to give you a larger image. I currently have Chrome set to show everything at 125% which is just right for me on a 21.5" iMac.

There are advantages to using Safari over Chrome since Safari is a true 64 bit browser where Chrome is still 32 bit. Safari is faster but if you need to have better viewing you might want to test Chrome to see if you like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.