event library question

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to imovie so this is probably a low level question. I've been importing movies from a file I have on the hardrive. The videos show up just fine in the event library but they do not get listed on the left. All it shows is "New Event". I'm using many videos and am losing track of which ones I've imported because this list is missing. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

C

chas_m

I'm confused by this post. You say that all the videos show up in the Event Library, but then say that none of them appear there, and that you only see "New Event," something I can't even figure out how you could be seeing.

A screenshot would probably clear this right up.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for trying to help. I hope I can be more clear. The videos show up so I can drag them onto my project timeline etc. It's the LIST of the videos in the event library that doesn't show up. No matter how many videos I import, the only thing it says on the left is first, "Last Import" with a camera icon, then a calendar, with "New Event" underneath. When I look at any tutorial videos, I see that people have lists with the names and/or dates of the videos they have imported into their project. That is what I am missing. Without the list I lose track of which videos I've imported. Sorry, my mac is at home so I cant send screenshot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.