time capsule problem

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Do you mean can the Time Capsule receive signals from a wireless router and then rebroadcast those signals and effectively extending the network? Yes it can if properly configured.

The one problem that you have with this configuration of the Time Capsule is that on some models the ethernet ports do not work if you set it to rebroadcast a wireless network. I am not sure if this is still true for the current models.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you mucho for responding. We just moved. In our previous house the time capsule was connected by ethernet to a modem. My PC was connected to the TC by ethernet and my Air and our kids' MB Pros connected wirelessly, so the TC seems to be able to handle the multi-function. Now we've moved to a place where there is an existing network, modem and wireless router. We can all get on in the house wirelessly. I want to set up my PC and Imac in a studio separate from the house. The Imac almost was able to connect on its own, but the connection failed. I have an airport express extender halfway there and the TC in the studio. As things are it won't connect. What to do? Thanks again for any ideas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.