Music with the IPAD - external hard disk?

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm an italian guy who lives in Uk, I would like to buy an ipad and since I'm also a musician, I would like to use it to record, but I have the doubt, usually when you record the tracks could be really heavy while the ipad has a space of only 16 to 64 gb. How do you face this problem? It could be enough buy an usb adapter and connect the ipad to an external hard disk where you can store all your big files? there is a specific kind of hard disk for ipad, or every brand works? I really hope that anyone can give me good advice :Smirk:

Cheers

p.s. I have seen on the web a product called Studio connect the brand is Griffin, is there anybody have bought this product? Is it good?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There is no way to attach an external HD to the iPad. If you can find a program to use things like Dropbox or something, then you get a lot more storage..short of that, there aren't really that many options..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.