Downloading Videos to Hard drive

Reaction score
I currently found 3 copies of almost every video I've ever watched on my hard drive. I couldn't understand how I went from 60 GB available to 15 all of the sudden and found 3 copies of every video I have ever watched online in my hard drive. My Mac is downloading videos and saving them on my hard drive and I don't want this to happen. How do I turn this off?

C

chas_m

No idea. Maybe some details on your Mac (model, OS version, browser, etc) would be helpful.

Also, maybe you could clarify what you mean by "videos." Discs you've put in your computer? YouTube? Files you've downloaded?

OP
A
Reaction score
Think it's mail videos

The more I think about it, I think that those are videos that friends have sent me via email. Yes, of course I have to download it to view it, but it is storing 3 copies. How do I stop it from storing so many copies of the same video?

C

chas_m

The more I think about it, I think that those are videos that friends have sent me via email. Yes, of course I have to download it to view it

I'm not sure why you think that. When people send me videos in email, they play in-line (ie I don't have to do anything at all to get them to play).

This could be where your extra copies are coming from.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.