My MAC AIR Keeps trying to log out

Reaction score
Friends, for the past two weeks, my computer continually tries to log out when I am downloading TV shows on ITUNES. The attached screen shot shows the error messages I get. Sometimes when I click on the DON'T QUIT, the box goes away, other times, I get an error tone and the box does not go away. I at that point have to quit ITUNES via FORCE QUIT and then restart ITUNES. It appears that ITUNES continues to download, and does not lose all the content downloaded to that point. Can someone help?

By way, if this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize in advance. If you could let me know of a better place, I would go there.

Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 8.16.03 AM.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Verify your System Preferences - Energy Saver settings - it's probably trying to go to sleep due to inactivity.

OP
J
Reaction score
Verify your System Preferences - Energy Saver settings - it's probably trying to go to sleep due to inactivity.
I checked -- by battery settings do call for a log out after 15 minutes, but I get these messages when hooked up to my power adapter and those settings include "never" for computer sleep.

C

chas_m

Are you sure you are not pressing shift-command-q, the keyboard command that will try to log you out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.