Newer Mac Book Pro issues

Reaction score
I bought a Mac Book Pro this year sometime around March. I'm not really computer savvy but it seemed user friendly enough. I've barely even used it. Then today I start working on a flyer. When I'm ready to print it said i needed to download some software I clicked ok and it said it was searching for the software. I walked away for a short while. When I comeback to it it was in sleep mode and I can't get it to snap out of it. Nothing happens when I press the power button. That little white light just stays on. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Have you tried holding down the power button? It should force it to shut down. Then press again to turn it on. This isn't a recommended day to day solution, but when the computer is unresponsive, its ok. If that works, we should do some checking.

When you turn it back on, it may have a crash report. Copy the crash report and share it on the forum here, we should be able to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.