Right shift key minimizes screen

Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb question but is there any way to disable the special effect of pressing the 'Right Shift Key' on my macbook air 13? When just that key is pressed, by itself or in combination with any other key(s), it minimizes the window I'm working on, allowing me to partially see the rest of the desktop, and not allowing me to do anything in that window until I press it again to re-maximize the window. I'd prefer to disable this "feature" so that I can use either shift key when typing ('Left Shift Key' just operates as a normal shift key).

Much appreciated!

Reaction score
Go to the Keyboard Shortcuts tab in the Keyboard preference and hit the Restore Defaults button.
That should do it.

Ibanezi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
As far as I know it's not a "feature" but a wrong setup. My right shift key on my new MBP 13" does nothing but change the case of the letter I use it with. Something is wrong in your key modifiers. Somehow it got changed. So resetting the keyboard keymaps should fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.