Cant Open my MacBook Pro Safari Browser

Reaction score
My MacBook recently exprienced a crush of sorts. I powered down using the power switch after it seemed stuck in processing a request. However, when I came to power it up later it would go past the blank screen with the apple sign and processing dial spinning. Took it to an Apple tech who said that they needed to re-install my OS which the did. The comp is up and running but some of my photos have gone blank (sometimes you see the picture briefly but when you click on the photo or select it goes blank). My Itunes would not activate but requested for an upgrade and once that was done its been running fine....so far.

However my Safari Browser quits before starting and wont even request for an upgrade. I dont want to delete it and I tried to download another version using Google Chrome but one it had finished and I activated it....it opened a page with all the written program I suspect...am no techno geek...no offense to anyone..so I am scared of deleting my Safari Broweser and yet cannot use it....

From what I saw on the Apple Support Forrums the issue does not seem totally uncommon...but I couldnt find any answers that helped me much....

So far from what I can tell the rest of the systems seem to operating ok...although I think the start up is taking a little longer than usual..

Can someone assist.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you're using Chrome and that seems to be working, go ahead and remove all the remnants of Safari that you can find. You may have to use something like "AppCleaner" to find everything. AppCleaner is free and can be downloaded from here. After you remove Safari, try downloading it again and install. Make sure you download the correct version of Safari for the version of OS X you're currently running. Since you neglected to tell us anything about your Mac or which version of OS X you're running, I have no idea which version you need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.