Need advice please?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm newbie on the forum.

I really want to get some advice from some of you guys. I'm buying a Macbook Pro, either a 13 inch or 15 inch. The only thing is I really want to know which one I should get.

The 13 inch I would buy is the June 2012 model, has 8 GB of Memory, and a 750 GB Hard Drive. It is $1,399 with the student discount i'm doing.

Now, the 15 inch I would buy is refurbished straight from Apple from October 2011 and has 4 GB of memory and a 500 GB Hard Drive for $1,359.

I will be mostly running Logic Pro, some games (Minecraft) and normal internet usage. (Mail, Safari, etc.)

Which of these models do you think I should go for?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would buy the 2012 13" model. The latest 13" MBP has the newer Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU which is a more powerful integrated chipset than Intel has provided in the past. It can "borrow" up to 1 GB of memory from the system which means it'll run most games well. Also has USB 3 ports. Lighter than the 15" model.

The 15" model from 2011 has a discrete GPU in addition to the Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU. Larger screen but heavier. Both are very good machines but I think the 13" model is a better buy.

OP
T
Reaction score
I would buy the 2012 13" model. The latest 13" MBP has the newer Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU which is a more powerful integrated chipset than Intel has provided in the past. It can "borrow" up to 1 GB of memory from the system which means it'll run most games well. Also has USB 3 ports. Lighter than the 15" model.

The 15" model from 2011 has a discrete GPU in addition to the Intel HD 3000 integrated GPU. Larger screen but heavier. Both are very good machines but I think the 13" model is a better buy.

Ok, thank you! :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.