Please, Please Help Me!! Computer Won't See Pictures...

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'll preface this with the fact that I'm extremely desperate here to get this working, for reasons I'm not going to type here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guys, I own a Canon Vixia HF M30 video camera. I've taken a lot of video and photos on it on a 16GB memory card. Today, when I went to plug in my camcorder and upload the video and pictures to my computer, it gave me two options: I could select "NO NAME" or "CANON". I looked on both, but I just see pictures and a couple videos there, and not the videos I took before. I really need these videos.

I may have taken pictures and video on this card from multiple cameras, (inserting the card into different cameras and snapping photos and taking video). And I can seem to view the pictures and video from those cameras, but not from my video camera. When I turn on the video camera and go to Playback mode, I can see my videos just fine, and I only see those couple videos I took with the camcorder, and none from the camera.

Now, I assume the computer is just seeing the stuff on the memory card that was taken by the camera. How do I format it or something to see the camcorder? Keep in mind I have no external memory card drive, so I can't just insert the memory card into my computer... I have to view photos and videos by connecting a camcorder or camera into my computer. I've tried putting the memory card in both my camera and my videocamera that I took my video with, and nothing works.

Please, I'm nearly in tears. This video I took was extremely important to me, and I really really really really really really really need it. Please, please, please help me!!

EDIT: Perhaps someone could recommend me a program that just views the raw files, everything on the memory card? Rather than just the part that that camera made that's plugged into the computer while I'm viewing the memory card?

Reaction score
Have you tried it this way?

• connect device with usb
• launch iMovie
• choose 'Import from Camera'

Ibanezi

OP
I
Reaction score
Woohoo! That worked! :D :D :D

Thanks a million, you're a lifesaver. Now I feel so stupid that I didn't even think of that!

Thanks so much again. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.