creating PDFs from Word doucments

Reaction score
I am new to IMac and use Word to create documents with photos in. I have trouble sending them due to size so wish to create PDFs of them for easier sending. Why does my IMac, osX Mountain Lion, create the PDF in bits, e.g. 3 or 4 pages only. I elect in Word to save as a PDF so is it Word or my Imac, and is there a program I can get to convert the whole document to one PDF document like Cute PDF on PCs?
appreciate any help out there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Click on the icon for the App store (Big "A") that's on your Dock. In the search bar on the top when the App store appears, type in PDF and it will take you to several apps that you can buy | download. Be sure to read the review for each before buying to make sure they'll do what you need.

Reaction score
I use OpenOffice out of preference, and that produces PDFs very easily. It also mimics Word if you want it to.

C

chas_m

Word documents save as normal PDFs with all pages, not in "bits," I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but something is wrong there.

Likewise, all other word processors for the Mac (and other programs) can save multi-page, complete PDFs.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Why does my IMac, osX Mountain Lion, create the PDF in bits, e.g. 3 or 4 pages only.
This is certainly a settings issue since I've generated numerous PDFs in Word. If you go to File > Save As and select the PDF option, do you not get the whole document?

OP
L
Reaction score
Thank you for all your responses. Yes tried the file>save as>PDF on 2 documents. One is a 33 page paper with photographs. The photos and 3 other pages are in Landscape orientation. I follow the above as confirmed by Vansmith, and I get PDF 1, 2 and 3. pages 1 - 17, 18 - 20 and 21 - 33. A 17 page document is produced as PDF 1,2,3,& 4. they are page1, 2-7,8-9 and 10-17.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Take a look at this. Apparently, if different pages/sections have different page attributes (such as page size), Word will spit out different PDFs. Do you have any fancy breaks/sections in your document?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Take a look at this. Apparently, if different pages/sections have different page attributes (such as page size), Word will spit out different PDFs. Do you have any fancy breaks/sections in your document?

That being the case, run separate prints for each type of page you have in the document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.