Notification Center in ML

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I use my trackpad to open notification center it doesn't always work to open it. The only way I can seem to open it is if I start with my two fingers off of the trackpad to the right on the body of the MBP and slide it slowly to the left onto the trackpad. Even then that doesn't work all the time. Is it something I'm doing wrong? It just seems to be intermittent that it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I use my trackpad to open notification center it doesn't always work to open it. The only way I can seem to open it is if I start with my two fingers off of the trackpad to the right on the body of the MBP and slide it slowly to the left onto the trackpad. Even then that doesn't work all the time. Is it something I'm doing wrong? It just seems to be intermittent that it works.

You should be able to click the upper right corner of the screen with the 3 bar icon and notifications will open.
Do you have your trackpad set up as default in preferences ?

OP
xdunlapx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to click the upper right corner of the screen with the 3 bar icon and notifications will open.
Do you have your trackpad set up as default in preferences ?

Yes I know I can click the lines up top right to get into notification center :) But I was trying to do it via the touchpad since Apple advertised it as a feature of the touchpad. But it's not working very well for me. I tried it fast, slow, in between.. Weird.

I think I do have my touchpad pretty much set to default. The only thing I had initially changed was the "natural" use of the touchpad. I had it turned off briefly but recenlty turned it back on since I like it better on.

screenshot.png

C

chas_m

The technique that seems to work for me is to have one finger on the trackpad and one off (initially), then swipe to the left. That seems to work consistently for me.

OP
xdunlapx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The technique that seems to work for me is to have one finger on the trackpad and one off (initially), then swipe to the left. That seems to work consistently for me.

You are right, that does work! Thanks! I don't see myself using the notification center very much but I do want to check it at least once a day in case I missed something. I'm not noticing very many notifications when I do check it. I bet it's just because I don't have very many apps that I use yet other than Firefox, Adium and the App Store. If I used Reminders I probably would see some activity from that. I use google calendar in Calendar. Do the notications from Calendar show up in Notification Center?

I think having that is a great idea but I'm not sure how much use many of us will get out of it. Do you use it regularly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've been using it, but I've also been using Growl for the past few years.

OP
xdunlapx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stretch, I'm brand new to the Mac world. :) I'm not even sure what Growl is, is it a type of notification like where a bubble pops up and tells you something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Yeah, Growl is very much like Notification center. Over the years many 3rd party apps have been built with Growl support and can display a little notification on the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.