MBP - update software

Reaction score
Hye guys, long time no see huhu. Good news! I already bougth the new MBp 13 inch. I'm very excited to do work with it. But ihave one question;

When i was playing with mbp, the seller told me to update software. He told me, it gona take hours. I was shocked because i think the mbp software is already update becuase it isthe new version.

Is it ok i don't update the software on my mbp? Is there any pro and cons?

C

chas_m

To be blunt, it is dumb not to update your software.

But the seller was on crack when he claimed it would take hours. That's just simply not true, unless you're on a dial-up connection from 1996 or something.

OP
C
Reaction score
To be blunt, it is dumb not to update your software.

But the seller was on crack when he claimed it would take hours. That's just simply not true, unless you're on a dial-up connection from 1996 or something.

Thank you for your advice. If i were already install the adobes and the offices, can i update the software for mbp after that?is it ok? Is it affect the adobes and offices?

C

chas_m

It's possible, depending on what exactly needs updating, but pretty unlikely.

Even in a worst-case event, you can just reinstall the apps from your DVDs of them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Why don't you simply run the Software Update to see if your software is up-to-date and see what exactly needs to be downloaded? It doesn't restart your computer to update your OS right away ...

OP
C
Reaction score
Why don't you simply run the Software Update to see if your software is up-to-date and see what exactly needs to be downloaded? It doesn't restart your computer to update your OS right away ...

Oh really? Can i do that? I never thought about it huhu..
Thank you very much for the info, really appreciate it :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.