Printing the document name

Reaction score
I am currently working on a project where I have a large number of wireframes and web page designs that need to be managed and version controlled. Currently I have been selecting all the documents in a finder window, selecting to open them in Preview and then printing all of the 60 or so images out in one go. Afterward I have had to write the name of the document on the top of the page by hand.

Please can someone recommend me a piece of software or an app that will let me print the name of the document and possibly a page number at the top of the page?

I do have omnigraffel and can do this manually but it is very time consuming, so I ideally want something that will allow me to switch the functionality on and off in the print preview for example.

Thank you for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you need is a program that can print "headers" and "footers" on your document. MS Office Word or iWork Pages can do that. There is also the free version of Open Office or LibreOffice which should be able to do the same thing.

OP
H
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I can get the headers and footers from OmniGraffle, but I am ideally looking for something that dynamically add the title of the document to the top of the image when it is printed. I am currently up to 80 pages that need to be resized, add the doc title and printed, which is quite time consuming.

The annoying this is you can do it on a windows PC quite easily. Shame I only have a Mac :-(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.