windows 7, keyboard and support issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook pro 2.4GHz i5 intel 4GB ram
hey everyone, just a quick question.

I recently allocated 50GB of my 500GB hard drive to windows 7. windows is running fine and all that, except for the windows support options. i tried connecting a USB drive to the laptop when windows was running in the hope of extracting and then applying the drivers, but the USB key wasn't recognized. I can view the contents of the partition from my normal (lion) desktop but can't simply drag and drop files over to it. is there any way I can do this? I'd like to get to work on the partition but it's awkward using the keyboard and trackpad when right click and various keyboard functions don't work. basically: i need a way to quickly transfer the support files. thanks a million :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the Windows 7 support drivers from Apple during the Boot Camp installation process? (You didn't tell us which Mac you have - year and model)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook pro 2.4GHz i5 intel 4GB ram
Did you download the Windows 7 support drivers from Apple during the Boot Camp installation process? (You didn't tell us which Mac you have - year and model)
I did, indeed. I both have the support drivers on an external drive (which wont connect when i'm using windows 7, i'm also using it as my time machine) and on my mac desktop. I have a 13" macbook pro intel i5 2.4GHz. the 2011 model. 4Gb ram. thanks for the help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I had to read your reply several times before I figured out what was wrong. The drive you have loaded the support software on is formatted to the Mac OS Extended Journaled standard (you're using it for Time Machine also). Windows can not read that drive or even "see" it as a viable source.

The remedy: Load the support software on a thumb drive or small flash drive formatted to FAT-32. Then Windows will "see" it and load the drivers for you automatically.

Let us know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.