Mac primer?

Reaction score
Wow, doesn't there exist a beginner's handbook for mac?
I can't figure out how to do even the simplest things on this Macbook I've had over a year: create or locate document folders, send photos via email - things that were simple on my old Dell laptop. What am I missing?

over50 and dim

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I can't figure out how to do even the simplest things on this Macbook I've had over a year: create or locate document folders, send photos via email - things that were simple on my old Dell laptop. What am I missing?

over50 and dim

Well...with these sorts of statements I could come up with all sorts of derogatory things to say/suggest...but I will control my baser impulses!;). But jeez...why would you suffer for a year not knowing what your doing...or not know how to do what you want to do??:Confused:

There are a number of books in the link below that would probably be very helpful...just pick the title or titles you're interested in...purchase the book(s)...and start reading::)

Macintosh - For Dummies

Also. There are probably hundreds of internet web pages that have tons of info that would probably be helpful as well. You just have to do some topic specific searches for the info you're interested in.

HTH,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
These short video tutorials are pretty helpful. There are different categories: Basics, Photos, etc.

Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Many things are done almost exactly as in Windows. For instance, to create a new folder in the Finder, just right-click and choose "New Folder".

Some things are different on a Mac but are much better. For instance, to attach a photo, you can use the Photo Browser in Mail to drag and drop images into the message.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.