Migration question

Reaction score
I just used migration assistant to bring everything from my MacBook Pro to my new iMac. On my iMac, I now have two accounts now that I can log into. One is the account from my old computer and one is my account on my new computer. I don't want both. I want my old info, like my pictures, music, etc. to be on my new account. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to manage the two accounts. Is there a way to bring the information from one account into the other permanently? The way it is set up now seems like a royal pain. :Shouting:

Reaction score
From here, delete the old account, and select the option to save the home folder in a disk image, which will save the image in a "Deleted Users" folder.
Doing this will easily allow you to access all the files and folders from the account in any other account you wish to migrate to, but this might not work if you are limited on disk space, which I don't think you are, but I thought I'd mention it anyway....

GL, Ibanezi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.