Graphics

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what are the Best graphics programs for the Mac... I don't want to make the mistake of purchasing something that doesn't work on the new operating system or that doesn't give me room to grow... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you after professional software or are you just doing some casual graphic design like flyers etc.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.. I guess you could say I'm really into my graphics.. I have been a PC user for the pass 20 years, and used programs like Coral, 3D Studio Max, True Space, Bryce, Daz, Hexagon.... and others. But as my graphics got more involved ... I realized i needed a Mac. But this is foreign territory to me.. I don't know what works best with the Mac.. or worst still ... what doesn't work at all on the Mac operating system. Since getting my Mac, and upgrading to Lion, I lost my Bryce, my Hexagon and my Daz.
I just recently got my Daz and my Hexagon back...but I'm still waiting on my Bryce. When using my PC, I used Corel for just about all my 2D work.. but I've been told that Corel does not work well on the Mac Operating system. Any suggestions for this New comer to the Mac World would be appreciate.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I use Corel Painter on my Mac all the time, so I have no idea what you are talking about. I use Corel Painter, Adobe CS Suite for Photography, Graphic Design, and Web design. I don't do 3D stuff so can't help you there.

I just got Sketchbook Pro on my Mac and I love it. Has less features than Corel Painter but I mostly just use Markers anyways. Forgot to also mention Pixelmator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
You can do pretty much anything imaginable when it comes to graphics and animation with a combination of Photoshop, Maya, and After Effects. It's an expensive combo though!

Adobe Photoshop: $699.99
Autodesk Maya (1 year license): $3,675,00
Adobe After Effects: $999.00

Total: $5,373.99

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.