How to run The Master Genealogist on Mac OS X?

Reaction score
I need to run The Master Genealogist program v.8 on my iMac OS X. I've read something about needing to load other programs on in order to do this. Could anyone tell me how and what I need to do to run this program?

Thanks so much.

Reaction score
The Master Genealogist runs on Windows, not on OSX. Ergo, you'll need to do one of two things:

1 - Use Boot Camp to partition your hard disk, install Windows, and decide which system to boot when you turn on your computer. Choose Windows to install / use The Master Genealogist.

2 - Install a virtualization program like VMWare Fusion or Parallels, then put Windows on it, and The Master Genealogist on Windows.

Good luck,

Z

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I'm not much of a techy. Wish I knew more.
Which method is easier with less chance of errors and things going wrong?
Thanks again

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The virtual machine method is much easier to deal with since it does not require partitioning or rebooting the machine in order to access Windows.

Also, there is a free program you can use to setup the virtual machine. It's called "VirtualBox" by Oracle and can be downloaded from here. You do, however, need a full install version of Windows that will run your Genealogy program. The version has to be a full version not an upgrade. It can be XP, Vista, or Windows 7.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.