"The volume for 'Untitled CD' cannot be found"

F

frolover24

Hi,

I'm a fairly new Mac user. I got my Powerbook two months ago. Anyway, I put a blank CD in my PB and I was going to burn some music, but I got busy so I ended up ejecting the CD. I shut down the computer, and when I logged on the next day, there is a folder (with a black & yellow symbol in the middle, like a nuclear symbol) on the left hand side of the finder window named "Untitled CD." When I click on that folder, the message above appears. It won't let me access the folder at all. Can any of you help me out?

These are what I've done so far:
-I rebooted. Still there.
-I made sure there's no CD in there, pressed eject, put other CDs in, etc.
-I've put in other blank CDs to see if it'll let me access the "Untitled CD" folder, but it didn't work.

I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

OP
F

frolover24

Heh! I figured it out myself -- I just dragged it out of the finder window and onto my desktop and it went "poof."

frolover24 said:
Hi,

I'm a fairly new Mac user. I got my Powerbook two months ago. Anyway, I put a blank CD in my PB and I was going to burn some music, but I got busy so I ended up ejecting the CD. I shut down the computer, and when I logged on the next day, there is a folder (with a black & yellow symbol in the middle, like a nuclear symbol) on the left hand side of the finder window named "Untitled CD." When I click on that folder, the message above appears. It won't let me access the folder at all. Can any of you help me out?

These are what I've done so far:
-I rebooted. Still there.
-I made sure there's no CD in there, pressed eject, put other CDs in, etc.
-I've put in other blank CDs to see if it'll let me access the "Untitled CD" folder, but it didn't work.

I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank You

Thank you for that, without it I'd of had two untitled cd volumes stuck on my mac.
Much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.