iphoto '11

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to iphoto '11 and feel it is a big step backward, at least for me. I tried to use Picasa, but the imac imports photos into Picasa in a haphazard way that makes this unworkable for me. Is it possible for me to go back to the earlier version of iphoto that I had before? I'd like a "downgrade" to cancel out my "upgrade to iphoto '11. Mac genius bar did not think this was possible. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you been using Time Machine to make backups? If you are, just restore iPhoto from a TM backup that was made prior to the upgrade.

C

chas_m

Can you be a little more specific about why you feel this way? iPhoto 11 was a HUGE upgrade in every department as I see it.

OP
R
Reaction score
For me, requiring clicks to open and close a photo instead of hovering over it is much more time-intensive. Any time I have to grab and aim the mouse is a time sink. Plus now I have to click on the "information" or "edit" boxes whereas I did not before. And iphoto's biggest weakness, in my view, is its organizational inflexibility and difficulty in moving photos around. I was hoping this would be improved in iphoto 11. No additional editing tools, either. In general, it takes me much more effort to perform the same functions.

OP
R
Reaction score
Have you been using Time Machine to make backups? If you are, just restore iPhoto from a TM backup that was made prior to the upgrade.

No, I don't use Time Machine in order to economize on disk space and make my computer last longer. But thank you for the tip, maybe I should start using it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.