Right laptop for CS6 suite

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a Mum looking to buy a laptop for the family and in particular my teenage son who is doing design at College. I am looking at the Macbook Pro 13". Some people have told me that the CS6 design programmes won't run on this model, yet other people I know have this size laptop and run the creative programmes fine. CONFUSED! Can someone please tell me if they will work on this model. Apple salesperson just tried to upsell me and make me spend double on lots of things I don't think I need??? HELP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Mackbook Pro - 2.3GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333MHz DDR3, Radeon HD6750M, 1TB 5400RPM HDD
It will run fine on the 13" however I wouldn't recommend it. The 15" is the smallest I'd use for design. Illustrator and Photoshop are fairly light apps, so power isn't a huge concern, but the 15" does have more power and will allow your student to move into 3D design in the future as THAT is very CPU intensive. It will also allow for better multitasking. I have the 15" and I love it. I'm a film/video major Columbia. i actually wish I had bought the 17" when they had it. It's discontinued now though. Screen size should be your main concern. If he's a design student, the Retina is the ideal choice, since nothing he renders to will have a HIGHER resolution than that. It does start at $2200 though. Keep in mind he'll most likely be using it for at least the next 4 years.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.